Events and Engagement
The project aims to adapt and tailor theory and general results to conditions in Wales, and transmit them to practitioners. As a result members of the team have been involved in a number of events during the year, and some of these are:
Interaction with Welsh Government and AMs:
- Presenting evidence to the Economic and Infrastructure Committee (February, 2017)
- M4 Relief Road discussions
- Joint work with the Learned Society of Wales, contributing to and helping to organise a seminar on Wales’ economic strategy for National Assembly Members at the Senedd (7 March, 2017)
- A Social Care Proposal authored by Professor Holtham
Organising and presenting papers in seminars:
- PPIW at Cardiff University (October, 2016)
- Regional Innovation Policy (RIP) Conference, (November, 2016)
- Regional Studies Association (RSA) Seminar Cardiff University (November, 2016)
- ACCA seminar Cardiff (December, 2016)
- CMU Advances in Management and Informatics Conference (May, 2017)
- RSA Annual Conference, Dublin (June, 2017)
- RIP Conference, Santiago del Compostela (November, 2017)
- Organising/ hosting Regional Economic Policy Conference (Spring, 2018)
Serving on Committees
- Professor Holtham serves on the Local Government Finance Working Group convened by the Welsh Minister of Finance (Cabinet Secretary for Finance, Mark Drakeford) looking at reform of local government finance.
- Professor Holtham is working on a joint project with Institute of Fiscal Studies and the Welsh Governance Centre, Cardiff University on optimal policy for income tax once that is partially devolved to Wales.
- Professor Brian Morgan is a member of the Cardiff Capital Region Transitionary Board; the Employment and Skills Board of the regional learning partnership LSKiP; and the Valleys Task Force.